CNC Burn Table Operator (1st Shift)
Set up and operate CNC Plasma cutting table to cut metal parts. Maintain a clean and safe work area. Perform a variety of duties including grinding parts, de burring, cleaning of parts, cutting and removal of scrap. Extensive use of overhead cranes to move materials and parts as needed. Accurately complete all paper work associated with position. Inspect parts to ensure machine is working correctly.
Education & Experience
Minimum requirements: High School diploma or Equivalent. Certification or Vocational training preferred. 2-5 years experience.
* Read blueprints
* Manual dexterity, Hand-eye co-ordination, Combination of standing and walking
* Attention to detail required
* Strength and stamina sufficient to maintain a rigorous work schedule, requiring physical exertion, frequent heavy lifting, (lifting 10lb parts on a continual basis, lifting 11 – 74lbs parts occasionally, lifting 75-100lbs rarely..
* Kneeling, bending at the waist, and reaching overhead, above the shoulders and horizontally to load and unload equipment and parts.
* Reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations. Reading text, Document use, Numeracy, Writing, Oral communication, Working with others, Problem solving, Decision making, Critical thinking, Job task planning and organizing, Significant use of memory, Finding information, Continuous learning.
Measure dimensions of finished work pieces to ensure conformance to specifications. Mount, install, align, and secure tools, attachments, fixtures, and work pieces on machine. Listen to machine during operation in order to detect sounds and adjust machine to compensate for problems. Adjust machine feed and speed, or adjust machine controls when automatic programming is faulty or if machine malfunctions. Lift work pieces to machine manually, or with hoists or cranes. Modify cutting programs to account for problems encountered during operation and save modified programs. Calculate machine speed and feed ratios, and the size and position of cuts. Insert control instructions into machine control units to start operation. Grind work pieces to correct defects and to prepare surfaces for further finishing, using power hand tools. Load and adjust work pieces onto equipment or work tables. Keep machine and area clean. Shovel metal slag build up and dump in appropriate container. Perform additional duties as needed.