Nello Corporation Careers
Environmental Health and Safety Specialist
Assists Nello in maintaining compliance with applicable local, state and federal environmental and safety regulations.
Bachelors or Associates Degree from a four-year college or university preferred (preferably in environmental, health and safety). Minimum of five (5) years of manufacturing safety experience. ASP, CSP, CHST, OHST Preferred.
- Implement safety policies, programs and procedures to assure compliance with local, state and federal environmental agencies and enforce safety rules and regulations.
- Plan and implement programs to train employees in relevant regulatory requirements.
- Assist plant with permit applications for new sources; manage/monitor current permit requirements.
- Manage the requirements of OSHA required plans (Lockout Tagout, Hot Work, Respiratory protection, Confined Space, Electrical Safety Standards, Hearing Conservation, Hazard Communication, Etc.).
- Analyze and seek safest and most cost-effective means for storage and disposal of hazardous and non-hazardous waste.
- Assist ISO 14001 leader for company, conduct internal audits at plant locations.
- Conduct internal OSHA compliance audits.
- Develop and analyze safety data, tracking plant participation and corrective actions.
- Analyze company safety incidents, communicate and follow up on corrective actions.
- Assist with administration of workers compensation programs, accident investigations, track progress of staff, ensure work restrictions are followed, file report with workers compensation carrier.
- Coordinate/participate in property insurance inspections and recommendations.
- Ability to work over all shifts including overtime, as needed.
- Attend/lead meetings with staff.
- Regulate safety tours & environmental tours.
- Monitor waste disposal.
- Monitor and order Personal Protective Equipment.
- Make out routine reports as needed.
- Maintain OSHA log books